Grozny State Oil Technical University (Russia) Grozny State Oil Technical University named after M.D. Millionshikova
Grozny State Oil Technical University named after M.D. Millionshikova
In 1920, Grozny State Oil Technical University was initially established as a college, which makes it the oldest specialized oil University in Russia.
On August 1, 1920, Grozny Oil College started the first academic year, which brought the first 265 students. They graduated later on in 1925.
On April 19, 1922, it was decided to rename the College to the Oil Practical Institute. Although the status was reverted in 1923-1924 under the regulations on the universities of the RSFSR, it was brought back in 1929.
In the autumn of 1942, both teachers and students were forced to leave the premises of the Institute because of the Great Patriotic War. However, in spring of 1943 it began operating in Grozny again.
In 1973 the Institute was named after Mikhail Dmitrievich Millionschikov, one of the most prominent graduates, the Hero of Socialist Labor, Academician and the Vice President of the USSR Academy of Sciences.
Because of the Chechen-Russian conflict, during 1991 to 2000 the Institute underwent dramatic changes, namely, most facilities were destroyed, teaching personnel left Chechnya, and a big number of teachers and students were either dead or missing. Under Federal Target Program, reconstruction of the Institute’s main facilities began in 2007.
In February 2011, upon successful restoration, the Institute was given a status of the University.
Faculties of Grozny State Oil Technical University named after M.D. Millionshikova:
Grozny State Oil University offers a wide range of courses ranging from fundamental to applied subjects. Please note that all subjects are taught in English.